Last night when I was flicking aimlessly though the TV channels, I came across a music station playing Janet Jackson's latest video. As I watched it and listened to the song, I was strongly reminded of her brother. The similarities between them are striking, the eyes, the smile, the voice, the dancing. I've been a fan of Michael for years, but I've never really listened to Janet's music closely. I first discovered her when I heard the song 'Scream' and I found her voice outstandingly beautiful. But it wasn't Janet that my mind was focused on, I can remember going nuts, mad and crazy for Michael and I was like a fangirl possesed when I first watched that music video. I was all, "Oh my god, are you serious? That man is God, he has to be! Mum, did you see that?! He's dancing on the ceiling, how is he doing that?! Aww, he's hugging his sister, that's adorable! I want him to hug me!" Jesus freakin' Christ, I was completely amazed by his general being and I was too blinded by him to recognize the wonder that is Janet Jackson. I'm extremely taken by her album 'Rhythm Nation' and I intend on investigating her music further. 'Make Me' is a really catchy song and it slightly mirrors 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough', which is wonderful. And the video is great, Janet looks as beautiful as always and the dancing is breath-taking.
The hottest topic on Facebook is a movie called Paranormal Activity. I heard that it was a 'must-see' and it 'scared the shit' out of almost all my contact list. So me and my friend Chloe decided to watch it illegally on the internet. I have to say, that movie has to be the biggest piece of non-sensical garbage I've ever seen. The scariest part had to be when the door slammed shut of it's own accord. The rest made me laugh and mock the actors. I was close to crying with hilarity when the leading lady was dragged from her bed and down the hallway by an angry pms'ing demon. I think the craze over it is way blown out of proportion, the acting was pretty bad and the storyline was totally predictable. It wasn't my cup of tea at all. I'm just glad I watched it via the net, rather than go to the cinema and waste a ridiculous amount of cash to view such trash. Bring back the days of good believeable horror flicks, that's what I say.I can't say this has been the most interesting weekend of my life. The weather has been terribly dire and nothing worth blogging about happened. Except perhaps mine and Chloe's drinking escapades on Friday night. We stayed up the majority of the night, drinking vodka, listening to music, weeping over petty subjects and laughing at almost everything. The hangover was dreadful but it was a good night. Then for the remaining two days of the weekend, I took full advantage of the 'Horrid Henry' marathon on children's television and I drew countless baths to pass the time. Is it bad that I get such pleasure from watching kids TV shows? I think so.
Peace out,
Bethany Louise.

No comments:
Post a Comment